Meeting

Jul 6, 2011
Posted by Andrea

The pictures I posted yesterday were taken about 1.5 hours before the ceremony started. We did not do the preview meeting before the ceremony. Under no circumstances was Matt to see me before the wedding. Period. So, after we took our bridal party pictures (separately, of course) I went back to the bridal sweet and changed back out of my dress for the long, LONG wait until the ceremony started.

That's when I started to freak out, because I realized that I was going to have to walk out there in front of all those people. And all of those people were going to stand up, turn around and look at me. ALL AT ONCE. The more I thought about this the more freaked out I became, which apparently became pretty evident on my face because at one point my mom looked at me, very concerned, and asked if I needed a glass of wine.

YES.

Finally the terrifying moment came, the doors opened and I stared down what seemed like a mile long walk to the altar, filled with the curious eyes of friends, family and strangers. Whoa. It was just a bit overwhelming. But as soon as I got to the front and stood there with Matt, everyone else faded away. I knew it was all going to be OK, and not just the ceremony, but everything. This is that moment:

Labels: ,

0 comments: