Pasta experiment

Mar 27, 2011
Posted by Andrea

One of my favorite ways to cook is to gather whatever I have in the fridge and pantry I think I might be able to make a decent meal out of and give it a shot. I'm pretty sure I  like this method because I am either lazy or I hate grocery shopping. Or both. Either way, it sometimes ends in a pretty fantastic creation that becomes a part of my regular meal rotation. I think tonight's concoction is just that.

Last night we had some friends over for giant salads with grilled chicken and a variety of veggies (squash, zucchini, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, etc). We ended up having a lot of leftover cut up veggies, so tonight in my post 10k hunger, I decided to make a warm pasta salad.

First, I cooked the pasta to almost al dente, then drained and rinsed (it was gluten-free pasta...gf pasta should always be rinsed after cooking). I let that sit while I sauteed up the veggies in some olive oil, along with some sea salt, fresh ground pepper and freshly pressed garlic. When the veggies were about half way cooked I added in the pasta to finish cooking along with the veggies. I used the squash/zucchini to determine when the veggies were done...when they start to look more clear than white you know they are done. I added the tomatoes in at the very end, since you really don't want them to get over cooked an mushy, just warm. Finally, I poured everything into a bowl and sprinkled feta cheese on top. So yummy! Also very light but filling. This will definitely become a part of our summer menu.



0 comments: