Leaving the past behind me

Jan 2, 2011
Posted by Andrea

I'm not going to lie...I'm glad 2010 is over. Could it have been worse? Yes. Could it have been better? Definitely.

The most significant challenge of 2010 was Abi. First, dealing with her illness; then having to decide her departure; and finally, mourning the loss of one of my best friends and the close of a season of my life. I hope to not have to endure one of those challenges again for a very long time.

2010 definitely had its highlights. Notably 1) Muse at ACL Fest:

Muse

2) our trip to New England in the fall:

White Mountains

and finally, 3) we welcomed Bosco into our lives:

What?

I'm looking forward to 2011 with a few goals:

1. Get involved with Urban Roots.

2. Start & finish our bedroom remodel, the only room in our house that hasn't been touched since we moved in over 2 years ago.

3. Visit a continent and/or country neither Matt nor myself have visited (likely South America or Costa Rica).

4. Travel with friends (I think I'm going to need more vacation time).

5. Complete a 50 mile ride on my bike.

6. Run a half marathon.

7. A super secret goal that can't be shared here ;)

I hope to look back on this year with a sense of accomplishment. Happy New Year to you and yours, and may you achieve more than you ever imagined this year.

0 comments: